This is in relation / follow-up to this Tweet, regarding PAs being recruited to supervise doctors at Raigmore Hospital, Inverness:
On 23/12/2023 the following request was sent to NHS Highland:
Subject: FOI - business case for PA role(s) ref 173883
The following request relates to a job advert (now expired) for Physician Associates at Raigmore Hospital, job reference 173883 applies (see link below). Could I please have the following information:
- A copy of the business case for the role
- A copy of the recruitment plan, including any advertising strategies and selection criteria,
- A copy of the training and development plan,
- A copy of the budget analysis for the role, including any training costs and additional resources / overheads; and,
- A copy of any performance evaluation criteria.
If funding for the role was provided wholly or in part by a central body, such a NES, please provide a copy of any business case or similar, presented to this body by the Health Board.
NHS Highland responded on 25/01/2024 with the following:
There was no business case created for this role. However, please see attached the following documents which are relevant to your request above.
- B7 Physician Associates 07.11.23.docx
- Core competencies log 151222.pdf
- Curriculum for the Physician Associate intern year 151222.pdf
- PA Advert 14.12.23.docx
Curriculum for the Physician Associate intern year 151222
NHS Highland PA Curriculum
B7 Physcian Associates 07.11.23
Authority to Recruit form
PA Advert 14.12.23
Template job advert for PA roles